Twinks Gets Fit...

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful this year. I don't think I could have imagined just a few years that I would be married to my best friend, have a home of our own, canine kids we love to pieces, and our daughter on the way. Just this morning, I was laying in bed. Brady had already gone up to Fountain Hills to enjoy the parade with his parents, while I stayed behind to get some extra, much-needed sleep and to get some things done around the house that have been bugging me. Gracie joined me up on the bed (Brady, you didn't read that) just about the time that Kaelyn started her own little kicking fest. She's getting so strong you can actually see her kicks through my belly a lot of the time. I started talking to her and playing a little game of trying to get her to kick where my hand was...and she did! She humored me for quite awhile and then settled down to sleep I imagine. It got me thinking about how lucky I am. Truly. 

I am thankful for...

my husband. My partner-in-crime. The one I entirely trust.

our daughter. Full of personality already. 

our dogs. Our canine children. They make our house warmer and livelier.

our families, who are supportive and so excited for us as we build our lives and create our own little family.

our friends. Such an assortment of wonderful people who we can laugh with, have as sounding boards and confidants, and who feel like extended embers of our family.

our home. A warm place to come back to at the end of the day that feels like us, that's ours, that we can continue to improve together. When we decided that this was the house for us, I could see us growing as a family here.

There are so many other things, but really it comes down to the people who make life fulfilling.

"Life is not measured in the number of breaths you take, 
but in the moments that take your breath away..."

No comments:

Post a Comment