Twinks Gets Fit...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What day is it?

This is a challenging week at work. So much so that it started on Sunday when I had to work. It's enough to have me muttering profanities because on top of that, I caught myself a cold over the weekend. I've mentioned I have a weak immune system when it comes to fighting off that kind of thing, right? Yeah. My head is about ready to explode. I did, however, have an excellent weigh-in this morning, complete with fist-pumping, especially for having such a casual diet week.

17.4 pounds lost total--about 2 last week. 2.4 until I reach Goal #2. If you're keeping track, I have 11 total goals, however, to make myself feel better, I started in June with 73.8 pounds to lose. Now I have 56.4. Sounds a lot better, yes? I'm also about 1/4 of the way to my goal weight. 1/3 of the way to a weight I'd be thrilled about. 40% of the way to a weight I'd do cartwheels over. Unintentionally, of course. I'd probably trip jumping down off the scale.

-I was good about writing things down until Saturday. I even tracked water, which I'm not getting enough of, by the way. Then I started feeling crummy and at that point, threw in the towel for meal prep or being too hard on myself for points. I even had bacon cheddar potato wedges :gulp and drool:.

Yoga for Stress Relief (With The Dalai Lama)-I've ordered myself a yoga DVD, but I don't expect much out of it, toning-wise, as it's for stress relief. I'm not terribly stressed, but I want to start off with gentle yoga that's more for relaxation. You know, as opposed to Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown. Something tells me that would suck the enjoyment right out of yoga. I'll work my way up to more of a workout.

-Body brushing seems to be doing some good. I haven't stuck to doing it every day, but I think it's helping my circulation and to--er--clear out my system. I don't feel like my legs are as bulky either.

This week, I'm trying to stick with upping my water intake. If the yoga DVD arrives, I want to commit to doing a session and scheduling myself time at least on the weekends to do it. I slipped from bringing snacks to work, which I don't think is good for me. I'd like to bring at least homemade apple sauce to keep my tummy full.

I'm going to try to save up some flex points so I can splurge this weekend...because Saturday, I turn the big 2-8! I'll hopefully be back on track to actually post my McFatty Monday on Monday and perhaps I'll have reached Goal #2 by then, at which point, progress photos will be a must and I'll be happily placing my Amazon.com order. Baby ball pit for Little is next on the list. (Yes, I've changed the rewards.)
When you don't have time to cook or get sick while trying to lose weight, how do you get through without undoing your progress when takeout is just so easy?

tough

No comments:

Post a Comment