Twinks Gets Fit...

Monday, October 11, 2010

Hips don't lie...and neither do stretchmarks.

Alright, I could try to slip one by ya'll and say I lost 6 pounds this week, never mentioning that I was laid up with food poisoning since Friday night, but that would not only be a hollow lie, but it would lead to a not-so-happy McFatty Monday next Monday. So I won't say that, but I can honestly say, GOAL #3 MET! As of Friday evening, prior to--er--the "event," I was down about 2 1/2 pounds for the week. 24.6 total, which means I have about 49 pounds to go. No more big 5-0 or more. Yes, yes, yes. This also means I'm over 1/3 of the way to my ultimate goal.

Besides the fact that I'm still not feeling terribly well, my stomach can handle little more than a post-gastric bypass patient, and I got approximately 2 hours of legitimate sleep last night because Little's teething and teething badly, I'm doing okay. I feel great about the weight loss and I find myself looking at my reflection with kinder thoughts. I have a long way to go, but I have noticed my hips getting more defined as they start to lose the love handle cush. My stretch marks, including my beloved Taloola, are actually condensing. Now I'm not delusional to think they're going to evaporate even if I were willing to buy gobs and gobs of Mederma and like I've said before, I don't mind them, but it's good to know the skin is...shrinking? This is good considering I've now lost 5 inches off my waist. (I haven't measured anything else lately.)

So, on to the good stuff. What shall I buy as my reward?? Well, I've ruled out what I planned for this goal and the next because I don't think Little will get much use out of them yet. I think I'll take her shopping and see what jumps out at her, which will be fun in itself.

For now? A progress photo...in the work restroom mirror. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment