Twinks Gets Fit...

Friday, June 5, 2009

I believe in Peter Budaj.

Not just the inspiration for our dear little Husky mix's name, but the Avs goalie and probably my favorite player on the team. (Lappy is right up there too.)

Alright, so his stats weren't great this season, but the injuries this year left him without a solid team to back him up. Not his fault. The guy's got a lot of heart and personality. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who really stepped up for the Avs through in the '07-'08 season. Plus, the guy's got Ned Flanders on the back of his mask. How awesome is that?

He did get honored with the Play of the Year for his amazing save against one of the Sedin twins on the Canucks, beating out our shootout magician, Mr. Woltek "Bigger Schnoz than even Grandpappy Chelios" Wolski. This made my little heart happy. I hate the Canucks. And the Sedins. Enjoy:



This next video cracks me up because Budaj, like most goalies, has his routine and superstitions. One of his is to tap the goal posts so when the post helped him out on this play, he had to show his appreciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDFga11jYg (the video gives me a red box if I try to post here)

After the shootout win, he thanks the goal post again. This also shows him thanking the hockey gods as he does at the end of every winning game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6goQTr8O60

"Thank you Mr. Post."
In other Avalanche related news, basically the entire coaching team got "relieved of their duties." In other words, in Donald Trump fashion: "You're fired." This includes Tony Granato, which I'm a little sad about. They brought up the AHL coach of the Lake Erie Monsters with a former Av as Assistant Coach. I'm not sure what to think with this because I'm not sure if they will continue to clean house with players too or if this is an isolated incident. I've said it before, but I really like the dynamics of the team. They just need to stay healthy.
To end with a happier note...



Budaj, the goalie, meet Budaj, the dog.






No comments:

Post a Comment