Twinks Gets Fit...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Exams, Edward Cullen, and Toothless Smiles. Oh my.

Something wacky is going on with my subconscious. Last night I had a dream that I was in school--college I believe. I had been skipping my chemistry or physics class for a couple of weeks. (I can't remember which it was. Some sort of science.) I'm not sure why I skipped it, but it occurred to me as I went to class that I had missed two exams. I was looking at the syllabus to make sure and sure enough, I had. It was the same date in my dream as in reality. I had no solution for my dilemma.

Random. A tad stressful, but mainly I remember waking up and thinking "What a boring dream."

The night before, I had a dream I was at the movies. It was mid-day. I was at concessions and Edward Cullen (AKA Robert Pattinson) appears beside me to refill his popcorn. Apparently we were there together. Now this scenario would make most Twilight fans' hearts go aflutter, but I wasn't paying much attention. I was too distracted by the fact that I was wearing my wedding ring. I was holding out my hand in front of me as I waited for my drink and popcorn, letting the light sparkle in the diamond thinking how pretty it was. Meaning, it actually fit.

Now that would be awesome.

The other night I also had a dream that Brady and I went to hug, but he accidentally bopped me in the mouth. Classic case of skull versus teeth. I lost 2 teeth, one on each side of my mouth. One was my canine tooth on the right side that I had to have 2 surgeries to pull down from the roof of my mouth in the midst of my 4 years of braces. I didn't realize that one was gone until we had rushed from one dentist to another and the receptionist pointed it out to me. I then had to have a procedure to try to reattach them.

That was it. Yes, I have a fear of losing my teeth. I also watch a lot of hockey and seeing the toothless smiles of Stastny and McLeod may have contributed. All in all though, kind of boring. I wasn't freaking out about my teeth as I have in previous dreams of that nature and in the first dream, I wasn't terribly upset either about missing the exams. Mainly, I was bored with my own subconscious.

I wouldn't say these dreams are honestly worth the loss of quality sleep. They're rather dull. So this got me thinking--Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to control what you would dream about? At this point, I'd have myself swaying in a hammock on a beach somewhere sleeping. That should produce some quality Z's. Because I'm due to have a child in 99 days and I need to get some good sleep, people!

Oh yes, I also now snore. Loudly. Thank you, pregnancy hormones. (If you're wondering, here's the science of it: Increased blood flow causes blood vessels to expand, which leads to swollen nasal passages. Higher levels of estrogen also cause swelling of the mucous membrances.) I've given up on Breathe Rights. They are useless at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment