Twinks Gets Fit...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

::smacks forehead::

In the past 2 days, besides being told several times by the same person: "You know, you could be pregnant for several more weeks," there have also been topics people felt compelled to bring up with me. These topics have included how the state has the highest incidence of child kidnappings and summaries of news stories about child molestation and killings. It was also brought to my attention that I need to watch my kids at the indoor mall playgrounds because someone in nice clothes might walk away with them, throw them in a van and then sell them in Mexico. Also, (and this is very close to their phrasing) if I don't install the car seat in the middle of the backseat (which we did), if I get hit, my baby will die.

Holy crap, people.

Oh and yesterday we had this couple (each on their own scooter wheelchair, the wife missing several teeth, and the husband with a Bible on his lap) going around to the lobbies preaching. I unknowingly walked the hallway to grab the mail. They spotted me and immediately started blessing me and my "unborn child." They did this repeatedly. Fortunately Jackie and Mary pulled me into their area and half-joked that the couple wanted to steal my baby. I immediately got flashes to the Midnight, Mississippi couple wanting to "bring the word of God to the Wal-mart baby."

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. What is wrong with people?

No comments:

Post a Comment