Twinks Gets Fit...

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Picking up the slack.

McFatty Monday--a day early...

Something's working. I'm not being the best about water intake, though I'm trying to be better, but the Weight Watchers points system seems to work for me. For some reason, it's opened my eyes to what foods are working more for me and which are a waste of points. I also know how to play the points system to still have some things that I really want. For example, I've learned I can trim 2 points just by making an open-faced sandwich. Make smart, while still tasty substitutions and it makes a difference. I also love the fact that I've stumbled on 0, 1, and 2 point snacks that keep me from feeling like I'm starving. It's also making me eat a little more frequently throughout the day, which is a good thing so my blood sugar doesn't crash.

This week, I lost almost 2 pounds so over 6 pounds in 3 weeks. Steady, healthy weight loss. Sure, it'd be great to wake up and be at my goal overnight, but I really want to focus on maintaining the weight loss for the long-run--so that means I have to pay my dues, I guess.

I did better this week with sticking to the points system and writing everything down. I also liked keeping track of how hungry I was (on a scale of 1-10) so that I don't eat just because I'm bored. There was really only one time that I ate when I really wasn't hungry and that amounted to 2 Ritz crackers, each with a slice of salami and piece of cheese. Not too bad.

One thing I'm learning is that healthier options can still be just as delicious. There's this yummy pita place the Hubs and I have re-discovered. Their Philly Cheese Steak pita is awesome. Sure, there are some things on the menu that have less calories, but I can feel like I'm splurging and really not be (too much, anyway). It's a great alternative to most other options.

I caught myself slacking off taking the stairs and turned things around in that area. As a result, I don't start huffing and puffing after going up a couple flights anymore. Which is good. I remember seeing an episode of The Biggest Loser where they made them climb a flight of stairs for every pound they have to lose. Yeeeeah, I don't think so.

My goal this week is to concentrate on getting my fruit and veggie servings and continuing to increase the amount of water I'm drinking. I slacked off on eating my apple slices early in the week, but picked it back up at the end. Oh and just so you know, air-popped popcorn is close to zero points (as long as you don't cover it in salt or butter)...this is a wonderful discovery for me.

If you too are using the Weight Watchers points system, I've come across some great sites relating to this:

Generic Food's Weight Watchers Points

Weight Watchers Points Food List-Restaurants

Weight Watchers Points Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment