Twinks Gets Fit...

Monday, March 28, 2011

The playlist.

We've all seen the celebrity playlists on iTunes. I think she's great, but who could easily forget the exclamation points of Jennifer Garner? Anyway, I'm no celebrity and I'm no expert on working out, but I do know what songs get me going.

1. Higher Ground--Red Hot Chili Peppers This song has been used in several movies, but what comes to mind is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing football in Walking Tall. He's not on my "list," but rawr.
2. Canned Heat--Jamiroquai This was from the Center Stage soundtrack so I get the extra imagery of the ballerinas dancing to this.
3. What About Now--Daughtry Biggest Loser used this one a lot last season and I was so inspired by Ava, who kicked some major butt and made a marathon look like a walk in the park.
4. Proud (Biggest Loser theme)--Heather Small Self-explanatory
5. Unstoppable--Rascal Flatts I've posted about this song before. I just love it. I'll listen to it twice during a walk/jog--at the beginning and toward the end.
6. The Middle--Jimmy Eat World I never paid much attention to the lyrics before, but it actually has a great message.
7. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy--Big & Rich In contrast to the previous, this one's just for fun :)
8. Say Hey (I Love You)--Michael Franti & Spearhead I've danced w/ Little to this song since she was a few months old so the thought of her gives me an extra nudge.

Just some of my favorites. Cool down tunes include Barenaked Ladies, Plain White Ts, and Jason Mraz.

No comments:

Post a Comment