Twinks Gets Fit...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Marchin' on...

Not a whole lot to say this week--I lost between 1/2 and 1 pound, but there are some contributing factors that are keeping me stuck and even slipping a little bit these past 2-3 days. (TOM for one thing.) Otherwise, I have my head in the game food-wise. It's strange how my relationship with food has changed. I still have my food weaknesses, evident by the fact that I can put away a bag of popcorn on my own (though I still prefer my air popcorn--RIP nostalgic mini air popcorn popper), but it's usually pretty controlled. I can have a hamburger, pizza--nothing is really off-limits, but it's just modifications and moderation. I still can get the feeding frenzy reaction like a shark picking up on the smell of chum, but if I focus on the food, enjoy every bite, and pay attention to when I'm actually getting full, I find I don't over-do it, thus avoiding that really uncomfortable ate-too-much-and-now-I-can't-move feeling.

I did unload a few pairs of jeans and a work pantsuit (which I never got to wear because I went through the size too fast) that drown me these days on eBay. This added a good amount to my new wardrobe savings. It occurred to me yesterday that I could start buying certain goal weight clothes--shirts probably would be okay, but I hesitate a little. I don't know why. It's surreal to be this close to goal. I know I have a way to go to tone up and really get the body I want, but I'm so close to goal. Maybe I want to do a big elaborate shopping spree when I hit goal, rather than slowly have the new clothes trickle in. This isn't really like me, but I guess I've earned an indulgence like that. To go into stores and have a big budget to work with (of course the bargain shopper in me will want to get as much as I can for that amount, but I'll be looking for quality clothes too) would be a great reality check of the progress I've made. Aside from replacing my sports bras, I haven't spent much time at all in a dressing room during this whole process. I'd kind of like to be shopping from my new size reality rather than it still being snug or not fitting at all yet. I don't want to be buying clothes that don't fit yet. I've done that before and it's not a good feeling.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm less than a pound from high school weight. Heck yes.

Need to step up the cardio and strength training this week. I don't think I got on the stationary bike at all last week when I've been doing at least 3, though I did two days of pilates (2 DVDs worth each). I need to motivate myself to push harder. I can talk myself into sitting on the couch and relaxing since I'm so tired most days, but this isn't the time in the game to back down.


There's so many wars we fought,
There's so many things we're not,
But with what we have,
I promise you that,
We're marching on,
(We're marching on)
(We're marching on).

--OneRepublic "Marchin' On"

No comments:

Post a Comment