Twinks Gets Fit...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful...Days 8 & 9

No, I wasn't ungrateful yesterday. Just a stressful day and well, I'm forgetful.

Yesterday, I was thankful for...

the rush of it being 5 o'clock and getting to go home. Also, getting things done and feeling accomplished.

Today, I am thankful for...

hugs. There isn't anything quite as simple, yet comforting as a hug with someone you love.

I'm reminded of a quote from "Waitress" with Keri Russell and Nathan Fillion (a great movie if you haven't seen it). She's narrating and is writing letters to her unborn child.

"Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it."

It wasn't for 20 minutes--we had to go to work, after all--but he would have otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment