Twinks Gets Fit...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not happy.

My jump drive has gone missing. Not just any jump drive. The jump drive that contains not only my collection of to-do lists, but contact lists, my writing, everything. Yes, I should have backups. (I do of the writing, but these are the most up-to-date.) I know this. Could I survive without it? Of course, but I don't want to. I can't think of all the things on there I won't be able to replicate. Crap.

I had it when I left work. I checked my purse because I've been known to forget it in my work computer. Then I went to the doctor. Then to Target. Then home. Then it was nowhere to be found when I needed to use it last night.

My pregnancy brain doesn't allow me to remember if I carried it inside when I grabbed by cell phone out of my purse when I got home. Those are the two things that assist my brain in being at functioning capacity. They work hand-in-hand. I cannot be without one. Now I am.

My mind is full of explicitives and I want to be at home, digging through the kitchen and every crevice of my car (again) in an effort to find it, but I'm stuck at work.

Two things really, really bother me:

#1: I don't want some random person having access to my writing and to the friends and family contact info I have on there. (Though if they actually go snooping, perhaps they'll call or email one of them?)

#2: I need my to-do list. NEED. I need my to-buy list. I need my recipes. I put such an effort into getting it all organized and now it's just gone. My brain is lost.

Target hasn't had anyone turn anything in and my doctor's office doesn't start phone hours until 8:30. Only 10 minutes, but 10 minutes is torture and there's no telling if they actually found it. It bothers me that I can't mentally retrace my steps to pinpoint when it went missing or if I happened to carry it into the house and leave it somewhere out of the ordinary. My mind and memory are betraying me lately--call it pregnancy brain or whatever--but this is really bothering me.

If I get it back or have to somehow re-establish a new jump drive, I will be doing the following:
--Password protect everything
--Back up everything on another computer every few days
--Glue my flippin' contact info on it so it can be returned to me easily if found.

::glares at clock and taps fingers impatiently::

No comments:

Post a Comment