Twinks Gets Fit...

Monday, July 5, 2010

Reality.

::Does Carlton dance all over the post::

If you don't know what that is, go immediately to YouTube and do a search for "Carlton dance Fresh Prince" If you don't at least chuckle, I'm not sure we can be friends. Really. It's an integral part of the makeup of a person who grew up in the 90s. As is not being able to hear the phrase "I'm so excited" without thinking of Jessie Spano hyped up on caffeine pills.

Anyway, if you hadn't guessed, I lost weight this week. Not a lot, but a pound and a half. Ish. Slowly but surely moving in the right direction. I started off with 73.8 (if we're being entirely accurate) pounds to lose and I'm down to needing to lose about 66. Still a lot, but I am losing weight. For the short goals, I started off wanting to lose 14.8 pounds--now that's down to about 7. I've lost more than that already so I know I can do it.

What I did well this week was to write things down, even on the weekend. We drank the last of our Pepsi supply at home mid-week and aren't buying more. I've come to figure out that a lot of the time, I'll drink it just because it's there. It's the same thing if we have queso dip in the house. A feeding frenzy begins simply because it's there and it's goooood. Something I didn't do so well this week was to write down how hungry I was when I ate something. I don't necessarily know if I need to write this part down because I'm always aware of this, it's in the forefront of my mind because I know to be aware so I don't mindlessly eat or eat because I'm bored. If I want to do that, I munch on something that isn't going to ruin

I started exploring the website showing the point values for different restaurants and I realized the reality of what I used to eat. It's no wonder I gained weight. It's one thing to splurge every once in awhile, but I was indulging far too often and I paid for it. I'm paying for it now. 

It's not like being on a diet now so much, it's about changing my lifestyle and making smarter choices. It's not like I'm starving myself at all. It's fairly easy to eat a little smarter. For example, I can save a lot of points simply by not opting for an italian sub like I used to and ordering a turkey and ham sub instead. I don't feel deprived.

Big step forward today. :drum roll: I started the 30 Day Shred. Again. It's been quite a while since I started it previously, but this time I'm going to finish a full 30 days. I might need to take a day off here and there, but I want to finish 30 days. I want to see the results.

Something I mentioned before was how I hoped that working out would come naturally as I started to eat a little better and get casual exercise here and there. Fortunately, I was right. I felt the pull to do more and make a bigger impact.

I actually just finished level 1. Holy. crap. I am sweaty and was panting the whole time. The weights I've used in the past have gone missing so Brady got me the heavy duty ones from the garage...which were a whole lot heavier. Because of this, I struggled on the strength exercises. I admittedly "phoned it in," as Jillian says on those, but I still feel the burn.

So, 4 weeks=7.6 pounds lost. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment