Twinks Gets Fit...

Friday, May 20, 2011

All breakfasts are not created equal

Yesterday, I had an out of body experience and impulsively chose McDonald's as my breakfast choice. Perhaps I was curious how it would taste--in any case, by comparison, this morning, I had a breakfast from home that was 10,000 times tastier and actually made me feel good.



I do have those frozen hashbrown patties on occasion. No, they aren't the best food choice, but they're good once in a while and make me feel like I'm indulging a little. At 2 points each (when prepared without fat--you can cook them in the toaster oven or just nuke them), not a huge points expenditure.

I also had a homemade Frappe, which I usually don't have during the week, but it sounded good and I needed the caffeine this morning.

168 calories, 0 grams of fat & 4 WW points

Yesterday's McGriddle & Mocha Frappe w/ whip:
1120 calories, 56 grams of fat, 30 WW points

Today's DELICIOUS scramble (which included protein, healthy fats, and a serving of veggies) & homemade Frappe:
394 calories, 13 grams of fat, 10 WW points

Let me tell you, I enjoyed every bite of breakfast this morning. It was a much better start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment